All programs offered by Pacific Coast Community College have the following requirements:
- A grade 12 Diploma or mature student Status (19 years of age or older).
- An acceptable criminal records check as required by the Criminal Records Review Act less than 6 months old at program acceptance.
- A TB Screening that is less than 3 months old + updated immunizations required before commencing practicum.
Not sure if you fit the admission requirements? Contact us for assistance in the admission process.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
Applicants who have been educated in an English-speaking environment for a minimum of seven years or have been educated in an English-speaking environment for four consecutive years at the secondary or post-secondary level, are to submit evidence of one of the following:
- Successful completion of Grade 10 English;
- OR Language Proficiency Index (LPI) with a total score of at least 20 and an essay level of 4 with a score of 24/40.
Applicants who have not been educated in an English-speaking environment for a minimum of seven (7) years or four years at the secondary or post-secondary level, are to submit evidence of one of the following:
- Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test (CLB PT) — test must be within the last six months: Listening 7, Speaking 7, Reading 6 and Writing 6.
- OR Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) — test must be within the last two years. IBT only: Overall score of 76 with no score lower than 20 in Speaking and Listening and no score lower than 18 in Reading and Writing.
- OR International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic or General — test must be within the last two years: Overall score of 6 with a minimum of 6 in Speaking and Listening and no score lower than 5.5 in Reading and Writing.
- OR Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) Academic or General — Aggregate score of 4L or better, with 4L or better in Speaking and Listening and 3H or better in Reading and Writing.
- OR Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL) — Overall Score of 60, with no section less than 50.
Accepted Countries List
Countries with English language systems / institutions
(Where English is a primary, official language and the language used for education)
American Samoa, Anguilla, Antigua, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Island, Canada*, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Ghana, Grenada, Guam, Guyana, Irish Republic, Jamaica, Kenya, Malta, Mauritius, Montserrat, New Zealand, Seychelles, Singapore, South Africa, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caico Islands, Uganda, United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), United States of America (USA), US Virgin Islands
*Applicants educated in Quebec at an institution where the language of instruction was not English, must meet the current English language proficiency requirements.
 Weighted criteria to determine inclusion of a country on this list were: use of English as by more than 50% of the population, country literacy rate as compared to world literacy rate, School Life Expectancy (SLE) rate as compared to the world SLE rate, schooling in languages other than English in primary grades, consistency of listing by Canadian post-secondary institutions and country recognition on the BC College of Physician & Surgeons List.
(Program admission requirements may not be waived by the student or the institution.)
Not sure if you fit the admission requirements? Contact us and we will assist you in the admission process.